We offer unique career opportunities to build the world’s fastest-growing financial platform
Tech Manager | Hong Kong
CompareGlobalGroup is the leading and fastest-growing comparison platform for financial, insurance and telco products in the world. The Group helps people across the world save money and make better choices about personal finance with comprehensive, free and independent online comparison tools. In addition, financial institutions are able to lower customer acquisition costs and efficiently reach consumers through the internet. The Group was founded in 2014 in Hong Kong and has a presence in Asia, Europe, and Latin America.
We are looking for top Technical Leads to further improve our product portfolio. You will be accountable for managing and coordinating technical resources and processes to deliver new features on one of our products, while participating in defining the strategy with the Product Manager.
- Work together with the Product Manager to plan and execute sprints, ensure that the team has appropriate product and technical specifications, direction, and resources to deliver features effectively by establishing realistic estimates for timelines, while ensuring that projects remain on target to meet deadlines.
- Work closely with the Product Manager and Business Analysts to understand the system’s functional and non-functional requirements.
- Collaborate with the Product Manager to define the Product Vision.
- Demonstrate leadership abilities to our internal clients with the deployment of software upgrades, enhancements and fixes that are coordinated based on release schedules.
- Conduct daily scrum meetings, help developers resolve technical problems, coordinate sprint planning and releases.
- Monitor individual employees’ performance, provide leadership and guidance to coach, motivate, and lead team members to their optimum performance levels and career development.
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field.
- Must have at least 10 years’ experience working through the design, development, release cycle, and delivering software products to market.
- A track record of successful delivery of software applications as an individual, team leader and/or development manager.
- Experience in Java programming and J2EE/JBoss application server software development (EJB, JMS, JDBC, JTA).
- Strong understanding of the software development cycle.
- Strong leadership, project management skills, time management, and problem solving skills.
- Experience with managing the development of SaaS and cloud-‐based applications.
- Relevant experience with web services and REST.
- Experience with EJB 3 and/or Spring and/or Hibernate frameworks
- Understanding of databases (e.g. PostgreSQL, MSSQL, MySQL).
- Knowledge of Swing.
- Experience with Apache.
- Willingness to dive into software environments and technical issues.
- Experience with Scrum methodology and Agile practices
To apply please send us your resume on firstname.lastname@example.org with subject line “Tech Manager”