DevOps / Systems Engineer | Lisbon, Portugal
CompareEuropeGroup is one of Europe’s fastest growing financial management platforms for insurance, banking, and telco products.
Headquartered in London, CompareEuropeGroup helps people across Europe save time and money and make better choices with comprehensive, free and independent online comparison tools for insurance, personal loans, credit cards, broadband subscriptions and other home services.
We are here to build the winning platform in our markets and most recently raised our Series A funding round from a suite of top-tier investors, including amongst others Nova Founders Capital, ACE & Company (investors in Uber, Pinterest, etc.), Peter Thiel (founder of PayPal), Mark Pincus (founder of Zynga), and others. The group has been able to establish a strong market position with over 50 partners in Europe and employs more than 100 people in five offices.
As a DevOps/Platform Engineer at CompareEuropeGroup, you will be responsible for the company’s infrastructure. You will collaborate with a group of developers working to deploy and operate our systems by helping to automate and streamline our operations and processes, build and maintain tools for deployment and resolve issues in infrastructure.
Systems stack: includes (but is not limited to):
AWS: EC2, ECS, Elastic Beanstalk, Lambda, API Gateway, S3, Cloudfront, SQS, SNS, DynamoDB, ElasticCache, RDS, Route 53, Cloudwatch, IAM.
Mostly Java based Grails application, PHP application, Python Lambda Functions backed by API Gateway, Elasticsearch ELK stack, RDS PostgreSQL, Jenkins CI and CloudFormation templates.
- Support and maintain AWS Cloud infrastructure by evolving systems and tools
- Automate deployment of all of our components, managing all infrastructure and networking configuration
- Provide stable environments for developers and mentor them into understanding operations and systems
- Monitor and improve the performance and ensure the scalability and reliability of the R&D infrastructure used by developers (this is similar to the one above)
- Collaborate with developers to make sure new environments meet requirements and conform to best practices
- Design, implement and test agreed-upon infrastructures
- Contribute to improve our development and team process
- Minimum 3 years of experience as a System Administration engineer
- Knowledge on: AWS (EC2, VPC Networking, Lambda, CloudFormation, etc.), Jenkins, Automation Deployment, Network
- Experience in scripting development, preferably in Python or Java
- Solid foundations on System Administration, Linux, Network Management and Bash scripting language
- Experience with Postgres, NoSQL is a plus
- Proficient in English
What you get in return:
- You will not be bored, you will work on hard and challenging real-world problems
- Ability to work on platform products that you can own outright
- You will expand your knowledge on systems, architecture and data processing
- You will constantly be challenged
- Central Lisbon location and an AWESOME team!
Number of vacancies: 1
Start date: as soon as possible