Product Manager | Lisbon, Portugal
CompareEuropeGroup is one of Europe’s fastest growing financial management platforms for insurance, banking, and telco products.
Headquartered in London, CompareEuropeGroup helps people across Europe save time and money and make better choices with comprehensive, free and independent online comparison tools for insurance, personal loans, credit cards, broadband subscriptions and other home services.
We are here to build the winning platform in our markets and most recently raised our Series A funding round from a suite of top-tier investors, including amongst others Nova Founders Capital, ACE & Company (investors in Uber, Pinterest, etc.), Peter Thiel (founder of PayPal), Mark Pincus (founder of Zynga), and others. The group has been able to establish a strong market position with over 50 partners in Europe and employs more than 100 people in six offices.
Join one of the fastest growing, young enterprises in Europe as we revolutionize the financial industry through technology.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work with the vertical Product Managing Director, engineering, design and marketing teams to plan product strategy and roadmap definition, build and launch products/features/experiences
- Manage the development of web and mobile products – from ideation, research, writing specs, managing project execution, UI/UX wireframing, and strategy to launch with a timeline
- Analyse and research qualitative and quantitative data on both customer and internal member’s usage patterns to garner insights and define, specify, improve and bring to life products new features, functions and services
- Interface with the global business teams to understand the customer and business needs and translate these into high quality user stories working across the product management team.
- Localize and adapt products across multiple regions to ensure it fits the local markets to be successful.
- Work among the software development team to plan, brief-in and test products
- Work closely with UX and design to ensure high quality prototypes and visual design is created.
- Work with other operational groups, marketing and sales to establish strategies and deliver on those strategies
- Review key site and product conversion metrics on an on-going basis to drive out testing strategy and backlog for execution within the dedicated technology team
- Run A/B tests and data-driven experiments to iterate and improve products in a quantifiable manner
- Keep abreast of the competitive landscape to be able to always ensure our products can be taken to the next level.
- Get qualitative feedback from users to garner insights and manage global stakeholders’ expectations at all levels, including leading steering committees, to solve multiple pain points
- Plan and set up ideal methods of tracking user’s data. Parse data over to other applications to be used for analysis, re-marketing and experiments. (GTM Datalayers, Google Analytics, Amplitude, Facebook, Google Adwords
- Deputise for the Vertical Managing Director across the whole vertical team when required
- Recruitment, daily management and development of more junior members of the product team.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
- Familiarity with software technology, web and mobile technology, including experience working with software development agile processes, how software is developed, released, maintained
- Solid understanding of web analytics and commercial acumen
- Solid knowledge of usability and product design and UX Trends. You’re someone that provides feedback and suggestions across internal teams to improve future product functionality, user experience, and customer satisfaction
- Demonstrable experience adhering to tight schedules and working with others to ensure everyone is on-track to reach their assigned goals within the allocated time frame through post launch support
- Experience working in cross functional groups to deliver high quality products
- Experience managing a small team
- Excellent communication skills, whether writing, presenting or managing meetings
Education, Qualifications, and Special Training
- Minimum of 3 years of relevant technical Product Management experience (SaaS, mobile, etc.)
- Undergraduate degree or relevant experience
- 3+ years’ experience bringing web products to market, from concept through development and launch, in software or internet services
- Ability to lead projects, including projects with senior management
- Ability to manage stakeholders effectively and with empathy in such a way aligned to our company culture
- Ability to deal with ambiguity, find creative resolutions and drive for results is required
- Ability to listen and respond objectively to new ideas
- Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously and work in a high pressure, ever changing environment
- Ability to manage other team members
- Analytical skills in assessing market dynamics
- Ability to function independently and work well within a team environment