Java Tech Lead | Lisbon, Portugal
CompareEuropeGroup is one of Europe’s fastest growing financial management platforms for insurance, banking, and telco products.
Headquartered in London, CompareEuropeGroup helps people across Europe save time and money and make better choices with comprehensive, free and independent online comparison tools for insurance, personal loans, credit cards, broadband subscriptions and other home services.
We are here to build the winning platform in our markets and most recently raised our Series A funding round from a suite of top-tier investors, including amongst others Nova Founders Capital, ACE & Company (investors in Uber, Pinterest, etc.), Peter Thiel (founder of PayPal), Mark Pincus (founder of Zynga), and others. The group has been able to establish a strong market position with over 50 partners in Europe and employs more than 100 people in six offices.
Join one of the fastest growing, young enterprises in Europe as we revolutionize the financial industry through technology.
Your goal will be to:
Be a senior technical voice in the organisation and mentor your fellow engineers in how to design scalable, reliable, and flexible technical solutions.
To achieve your goals with us you will:
- Use your extensive knowledge of code architecture and best practices to assist in planning the technical implementation of projects
- Work closely with your fellow engineers to mentor and grow their technical skills
- Collaborate with the Product Manager to understand product needs
- Collaborate with the VP of Engineering to decide on the technologies we introduce into the organisation
You should be:
- Highly driven and curious about technology and best practices. You follow news on languages, databases, and libraries but still have a grounding in practicality
- In love with dive into software environments and technical issues
- Experienced (at least 8 years) working through the design, development, release cycle, and delivering software products to market, with a track record of successful delivery of software applications as an individual and tech leader
- Experienced in Java programming and code architecture
- Equipped with strong leadership and problem solving skills
- Experienced with managing the development of SaaS and cloud-based applications
- Experienced with web services and REST
- Equipped with understanding of databases (e.g. PostgreSQL, MySQL, NoSQL)