Java Tech Lead | Lisbon, Portugal (2 vacancies available)
CompareEuropeGroup is one of Europe’s fastest growing financial management platforms for insurance, banking, and telco products.
Headquartered in London, CompareEuropeGroup helps people across Europe save time and money and make better choices with comprehensive, free and independent online comparison tools for insurance, personal loans, credit cards, broadband subscriptions and other home services.
We are here to build the winning platform in our markets and most recently raised our Series A funding round from a suite of top-tier investors, including amongst others Nova Founders Capital, ACE & Company (investors in Uber, Pinterest, etc.), Peter Thiel (founder of PayPal), Mark Pincus (founder of Zynga), and others. The group has been able to establish a strong market position with over 50 partners in Europe and employs more than 100 people in six offices.
Join one of the fastest growing, young enterprises in Europe as we revolutionize the financial industry through technology.
Your goal will be to
Be accountable for managing and coordinating technical resources and processes to deliver new features on one of our products
To achieve your goals with us you will
- Work together with the Product Manager to plan and execute sprints, ensure that the team has appropriate product and technical specifications, direction, and resources to deliver features effectively by establishing realistic estimates for timelines, while ensuring that projects remain on target to meet deadlines.
- Work closely with the Product Manager and Business Analysts to understand the system’s functional and non-functional requirements.
- Collaborate with the Product Manager to define the Product Vision.
- Demonstrate leadership abilities to our internal clients with the deployment of software upgrades, enhancements and fixes that are coordinated based on release schedules.
- Conduct daily scrum meetings, help developers resolve technical problems, coordinate sprint planning and releases.
- Monitor individual employees’ performance, provide leadership and guidance to coach, motivate, and lead team members to their optimum performance levels and career development.
You should be
- Bachelor’s degree holder in Computer Science or related field.
- Experienced (at least 10 years) working through the design, development, release cycle, and delivering software products to market, with a track record of successful delivery of software applications as an individual, team leader and/or development manager.
- Experienced in Java programming and J2EE/JBoss application server software development (EJB, JMS, JDBC, JTA) or Python programming.
- Equipped with strong leadership, project management skills, time management, and problem solving skills.
- Experienced with managing the development of SaaS and cloud-based applications.
- Experienced with web services and REST.
- Experienced with EJB 3 and/or Spring and/or Hibernate frameworks.
- Equipped with understanding of databases (e.g. PostgreSQL, MSSQL, MySQL).
- Equipped with knowledge of Swing.
- Experienced with Apache.
- Willing to dive into software environments and technical issues.
- Experienced with Scrum methodology and Agile practices.
Number of available vacancies: 2