JAVA Developer | Lisbon, Portugal
CompareEuropeGroup is one of Europe’s fastest growing financial management platforms for insurance, banking, and telco products.
Headquartered in London, CompareEuropeGroup helps people across Europe save time and money and make better choices with comprehensive, free and independent online comparison tools for insurance, personal loans, credit cards, broadband subscriptions and other home services.The group has been able to establish a strong market position with over 50 partners in Europe and employs more than 100 people in five offices.
We are looking for a JAVA Developer with experience in building high-performing, well-tested and resilient applications. You will be part of a talented software team that works on mission-critical applications. You will be responsible for application development while providing expertise in the full software development lifecycle, from concept and design to testing.
- Writing clean and performant code
- Producing detailed specifications
- Be capable of architecting applications
- Contribute in all phases of the development lifecycle
- Enforce TDD and improve systems tests coverage
- Contribute and improve our development and team process
- Monitoring applications performance to improve it.
- Refactor a legacy system into microservices.
- 1 to 3 years experience with Java
- Experience on the following: Grails, Groovy, AWS, Lambdas
- Experience on relational database, e.g. PostgreSQL, and no-relational database as Redis, MongoDB.
- Experience in Test Driven Development.
- Experience with Git
- Front-end skills is a plus
- PHP, Python and/or NodeJS is a plus
- Proficient in English
Start date: as soon as possible.