Senior Java Fullstack Developer | Lisbon, Portugal
CompareEuropeGroup is one of Europe’s fastest growing financial management platforms for insurance, banking, and telco products.
Headquartered in London, CompareEuropeGroup helps people across Europe save time and money and make better choices with comprehensive, free and independent online comparison tools for insurance, personal loans, credit cards, broadband subscriptions and other home services.
We are here to build the winning platform in our markets and most recently raised our Series A funding round from a suite of top-tier investors, including amongst others Nova Founders Capital, ACE & Company (investors in Uber, Pinterest, etc.), Peter Thiel (founder of PayPal), Mark Pincus (founder of Zynga), and others. The group has been able to establish a strong market position with over 50 partners in Europe and employs more than 100 people in six offices.
Join one of the fastest growing, young enterprises in Europe as we revolutionize the financial industry through technology.
We are looking for a Java Full-stack Developer with experience in building high-performing, well-tested and resilient applications. You will be part of a talented software team that works on mission-critical applications. You will be responsible for application development while providing expertise in the full software development lifecycle, from concept and design to testing.
- Play a key role in the development of our Java backend
- Take part in team end-to-end responsibility of delivery from business requirements to completed feature
- Be capable of architecting applications by thinking in systems, services, and component relationships
- Write well designed, testable, and efficient code using best software development practices
- Create and maintain software documentation
- Continuously improve our application to analyze and optimize performance, both frontend, and backend
- Cooperate with web designers to match visual design intent
- Stay plugged into emerging technologies/industry trends and apply them into operations and activities
- Contribute to continuously improving team productivity, code quality, tool, and technology adoption
- 5+ years’ experience with one of the following back-end technologies: Java
- Experience creating new features and help improving existing user experience
- Technical Knowledge and Experience on the following: Grails, AngularJS, Lambdas, Security, API & system design
- You have knowledge of database development, e.g. PostgreSQL, NoSQL such as Redis
- You like the idea of being part of an international team always seeking to improve
- Experience working in a test driven development environment is a plus
- You believe documentation helps everyone and adds value to an organization
- Experience with Git, Agile development and AWS is a plus
- Experience working in a startup environment is a plus
- Proficient in English
Tech stack: AngularJS SPA development, MVC-based web architecture, external RESTful APIs, distributed and highly scaled request handling services, no-SQL and relational SQL databases, big data processing (e.g. data bus architecture, Hadoop / MPP data warehouse, etc.), and data visualization (e.g. Tableau).
Number of available vacancies: 2