Senior Fullstack Developer | Lisbon, Portugal (8 vacancies available)
CompareEuropeGroup is one of Europe’s fastest growing financial management platforms for insurance, banking, and telco products.
Headquartered in London, CompareEuropeGroup helps people across Europe save time and money and make better choices with comprehensive, free and independent online comparison tools for insurance, personal loans, credit cards, broadband subscriptions and other home services.
We are here to build the winning platform in our markets and most recently raised our Series A funding round from a suite of top-tier investors, including amongst others Nova Founders Capital, ACE & Company (investors in Uber, Pinterest, etc.), Peter Thiel (founder of PayPal), Mark Pincus (founder of Zynga), and others. The group has been able to establish a strong market position with over 50 partners in Europe and employs more than 100 people in six offices.
Join one of the fastest growing, young enterprises in Europe as we revolutionize the financial industry through technology.
We are looking for 8 Senior Full Stack Developers with experience in building high-performing, scalable,enterprise-grade applications.
You will be part of a talented software team that works on mission-critical applications. You will be responsible for application development while providing expertise in the full software development lifecycle, from concept and design to testing.
- Write well designed, testable, efficient code by using best software development practices
- Create site layout/user interface by using standard HTML/CSS practices
- Create wireframes, storyboards, user flows, process flows and site maps to effectively communicate
- interaction and design ideas
- Integrate data from various back-end services and databases
- Gather and refine specifications and requirements based on technical needs
- Create and maintain software documentation
- Be responsible for maintaining, expanding, and scaling our site
- Stay plugged into emerging technologies/industry trends and apply them into operations and activities
- Cooperate with web designers to match visual design intent
- Contribute to continuously improving team productivity, code quality, tool and technology adoption
- 2+ years’ experience with one of the following back-end technologies: NodeJS, PHP, Java, Python
- Experience creating new features and help improving existing user experience
- AngularJS or EmberJS or MeteorJS, AWS, Security, HTML, CSS, Laravel (PHP) or NodeJS or Ruby on
- Rails or equivalent, RESTful API, WordPress, eCommerce, Knowledge in Golang is a plus
- You have worked as part of a diverse team
- You have experience working in a test driven development environment a plus
- You have knowledge in database development, e.g. MySQL, MongoDB
- You have experience documenting products and processes
- You have knowledge and experience in Linux / UNIX and / or Windows system administration tasks
- Familiar with leveraging a PaaS or IaaS to handle scaling and bottleneck concerns a plus
- Experience with Git and Agile Scrum development a plus
- Experience working in startup environment a plus
- Proficient in English
Tech stack: AngularJS SPA development, MVC-based web architecture, external RESTful APIs, distributed and highly scaled request handling services, no-SQL and relational SQL databases, big data processing (e.g. data bus architecture, Hadoop / MPP data warehouse, etc.), and data visualization (e.g. Tableau).
Number of available vacancies: 8