Full Stack Developer | Lisbon, Portugal
CompareEuropeGroup is one of Europe’s fastest growing financial management platforms for insurance, banking, and telco products.
Headquartered in London, CompareEuropeGroup helps people across Europe save time and money and make better choices with comprehensive, free and independent online comparison tools for insurance, personal loans, credit cards, broadband subscriptions and other home services.
We are here to build the winning platform in our markets and most recently raised our Series A funding round from a suite of top-tier investors, including amongst others Nova Founders Capital, ACE & Company (investors in Uber, Pinterest, etc.), Peter Thiel (founder of PayPal), Mark Pincus (founder of Zynga), and others. The group has been able to establish a strong market position with over 50 partners in Europe and employs more than 100 people in six offices.
Join one of the fastest growing, young enterprises in Europe as we revolutionize the financial industry through technology.
Your goals will be to
- Build highly performing and scalable applications
- Provide expertise in the full development lifecycle, from concept and design to testing
To achieve your goals with us you will
- Design and develop high-volume, low-latency applications for mission-critical systems, delivering high-availability and performance
- Contribute in all phases of the development lifecycle
- Write well designed, testable, efficient code
- Ensure designs are in compliance with specifications
- Prepare and produce releases of software components
- Support continuous improvement by investigating alternatives and technologies and presenting these for architectural review
You should be
- An experienced web developer (3+ years of hands-on Software Development experience)
- Skilled in designing and developing applications using Java EE platforms.
- Experienced in developing web applications using at least one popular web framework (JSF, Wicket, GWT, Spring MVC)
- Familiar with test-driven development
- Fluent in Portuguese and English (both written and spoken)