Finance Analyst | Lisbon, Portugal
CompareEuropeGroup is one of Europe’s fastest growing financial management platforms for insurance, banking, and telco products.
Headquartered in London, CompareEuropeGroup helps people across Europe save time and money and make better choices with comprehensive, free and independent online comparison tools for insurance, personal loans, credit cards, broadband subscriptions and other home services.
We are here to build the winning platform in our markets and most recently raised our Series A funding round from a suite of top-tier investors, including amongst others Nova Founders Capital, ACE & Company (investors in Uber, Pinterest, etc.), Peter Thiel (founder of PayPal), Mark Pincus (founder of Zynga), and others. The group has been able to establish a strong market position with over 50 partners in Europe and employs more than 100 people in six offices.
Join one of the fastest growing, young enterprises in Europe as we revolutionize the financial industry through technology.
With direct report to Group Finance Manager, you will be key part of the Finance team and be responsible for some of the crucial finance functions of CompareEuropeGroup. This role is key in building a great company that makes the right strategic decisions based on financial information of the highest quality. In order to do this, you need an array of skills – you are strong technically, comfortable with numbers, resourceful with an insatiable drive to push things forward and to grow fast. Also, you will coordinate with country Managing Directors and other stakeholders with the goal of guaranteeing month end closing procedures are performed in a timely manner.
Your goals will be to
- Ensure the efficiency, effectiveness, integrity & business focus of our financial systems & processes
- Support Group Finance Manager in strategic decisions with accurate and timely financial information
- Bear responsibility for the finance function for both the local business as well as European shared services operations based in Portugal
- Manage efficient and compliant local operations with regards to accounting, tax, HR and legal matters
To achieve your goals with us you will
- Work closely with the Group Finance Manager and CFO
- Help coordinate annual audit process and ensure local tax, HR and reporting compliance (local GAAP and IFRS)
- Prepare regular reporting packages as well as other financial and operating analyses
- Help in the preparation of budgets, invoicing, cash and expense management, cost allocation, payroll and bookkeeping
You should be
- 2-3 years of relevant accounting/audit experience
- Highly analytical, quantitative, systematic, organized and with strong attention to detail
- Outstanding at solving complex problems that require logical reasoning and creative thinking
- Self-starter with ability to take on tasks independently and great team-player
- Keen to work in a highly dynamic and international environment
- You should have a great sense of ownership over your own work
- Strong Excel and Power Point skills
- Fluent in English and Portuguese (both written and verbal)
What you can expect from us
- Join a fantastic team: work with senior management of the company and the Group, with backgrounds from leading consulting, banking and start-up companies.
- Learn: work with a team with a proven track-record of building successful internet companies.
- Have fun: a challenging, fun and international environment
- Grow: great opportunities for further career advancements, either within the Group or at one of our ventures.
- Competitive remuneration package with performance-based further growth
Start date: as soon as possible