Chief Operations Officer | Lisbon, Portugal
CompareEuropeGroup is Europe’s fastest growing financial management platform for insurance, banking, and telco products.
Headquartered in London, CompareEuropeGroup helps people across Europe save time and make better choices with comprehensive, free and independent online comparison tools for insurance, personal loans, credit cards, broadband subscriptions and other home services.
We are here to build the winning platform in our markets and recently raised our Series A funding round from a suite of top-tier investors, including amongst others Nova Founders Capital, ACE & Company (investors in Uber, Pinterest, etc.), Peter Thiel (founder of PayPal), Mark Pincus (founder of Zynga), and more. The group has been able to establish a strong market position with over 50 partners in Europe and
employs more than 100 people in six offices.
Join one of the fastest growing, young enterprises in Europe as we revolutionize the financial industry through technology.
You will be responsible for leading operations and client service for ComparaJá.pt as part of ComparaJá.pt senior team, working closely with Compare Europe Groups’ Management Team. You will be a key element in driving our next big challenge – the transformation from being a comparison platform to being a fully integrated financial management platform. In order to do this, you need an array of skills – you are very
structured and analytical, a natural leader able to lead a team of more than 50 people, you are resourceful with an insatiable drive to push things forward and to grow fast.
Your tasks will be to
- Define the strategy for ComparaJa.pt’s operations and lead the implementation on the ground
- Coordinate commercial operations for all products available in ComparaJá.pt – Personal Loans, Consolidated Loans, Home Loans and Telecommunications
- Coordinate, plan and organize all areas related to commercial activities, including sales, back-office and client service
- Lead a growing team of currently 50 people (growing to 100 by end of 2018)
- Recruit, train and retain employees, developing a high-quality operational team capable of performing great commercial operations and guarantee excellent client service
- Develop and continuously improve operational reports, seeking to improve service quality and operational efficiency
- Manage and work together with institutional partners to optimize procedures and increase efficiency
- Participate in product vision and strategy, enforcing customer centricity in the product development cycle
Skills and Requirements
- Engineering, Economics, Business or other with quantitative degree, when complemented with relevant professional experience
- 5-7 years of experience in similar functions; depending on fit and overall experience other profiles as strategic or operational consultants as well as profiles with entrepreneurial or general management experience will also be considered
- Excellent ability to communicate and a structured approach to the seizing of new opportunities as
well as to solve challenges
- A proven track record of working on own initiative and an instinctive “can-do” attitude, with a strong focus on delivering results
- Insatiable drive to improve the status quo
- High attention to detail to ensure nothing is overlooked and every little detail is thought about and executed perfectly
- Extremely analytical
What you can expect from us
- Join a fantastic team: work with senior management of the company and Group, with backgrounds from leading consulting, banking and start-up companies
- Learn: work with a team with a proven track-record of building successful internet companies.
- Have fun: a challenging, fun and international environment
- Grow: great opportunities for further career advancements, either within the Group or at one of our ventures
Starting date: as soon as possible
To apply please send us your resume on email@example.com with subject line “COO – ComparaJá”